Day 143, 144,145 & 146 Blenheim

We have spent the last four days in Blenheim, a town in the north east of the South Island.  We had planned to do a little more than we did here but I had a dental problem.  I broke the crown of one of my front teeth which gave me somewhat of a "Deliverance" smile.  I had to wait until Monday to call around and fortunately I was able to get an appointment for the next day.  This appointment was to see if anything could be done or would I continue to scare people for the rest of our trip. 

The tooth fairy was smiling on me that day as I met a group of people who took very good care of me.  It started with the two very nice ladies in the front office ( I think they were the bosses )and it continued back in the war room.  Julie and Louise were the two ladies at the front and Doctor Barry ( Struthers) along with Becky his nurse or dental assistant took very good care of me.  They were able to put me back together and were even able to use my old crown.  I am perfect again.



Julie & Louise


I am perfect again


Doctor Barry & Becky
















I do appreciate the job they did.  Their expertise is going to allow me to enjoy the last five weeks instead of going into hiding.  Thanks Guys and Gals.


While we were in Blenheim we spent some time downtown.  They have a fairly busy downtown area that centers on the town square.  Of course we took pictures.  Unfortunately the day we picked to take the pictures turned cloudy on us which takes away from the vibrancy of the area.  Blenheim is noted for getting a large amount of sunshine but it didn’t want to cooperate with us.



















We also discovered that Blenheim is the most populous town in the region with a population of just over 30,000 residents.  The area that surrounds the town is well know as a centre of New Zealand's
Wine Industry. It enjoys one of the countries sunniest climates with hot, relatively dry summers and crisp winters.

Tomorrow we continue north to Picton where we will catch the ferry to Wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment